How Do You Unlock Steam Games Early with VPN?
- September 12, 2023
- 7 minutes Read
- Gaming VPN
Getting excited about a new game release is quite normal for a gamer. If the game isn’t released in your region yet, you might find it frustrating to wait for it to be released there.
However, with a VPN, you can unlock Steam games early even if it’s not released in your region. You can change your IP address by connecting to a VPN if you live in a country where the game has already been released.
To unlock Steam games early with a VPN, follow these steps:
- Pre-order your favourite Steam game.
- Preload or Download the game if released.
- Force close your Steam application completely.
- Launch your VPN application.
- Connect to the VPN server of the country where the game is already available.
- Launch Steam and start playing the game.
Note: Be sure to stay connected to your VPN while using Steam during this period. The VPN no longer needs to be used once the game launches and every time you launch it.
Now let’s take a deeper look at how to unlock steam games early with VPN.
Can You Get Banned For Changing Steam Region?
Steam won’t ban you for changing your region if you use a good paid VPN. Free VPNs increase the risk of your steam account getting banned due to low level of security. Additionally, free VPNs do not effectively hide your IP address and are prone to DNS leaks. So, you should always use a good VPN that supports strong encryption.
At What Times Do Steam Games Open?
Steam always releases games at 1 p.m. EST on the release date. It uses a global release system and a midnight release system. Global launches happen at the same time no matter which region you are in.
In terms of time zones, Australia and New Zealand are the two countries that see midnight first. If you live in either of these countries, you’ll receive the release 10 hours earlier than if you live in the US, Canada, or Europe.
Summary: To unlock Steam games early, use a VPN to connect to an Australia/New Zealand server.
How to Unlock Steam Games Early With Symlex VPN?
You can unlock Steam games early with any paid VPN. You can try Symlex VPN for your gaming needs, it comes with 120+ servers on 80 locations, dedicated blazing-fast gaming servers, and no speed throttling or bandwidth limits.
- To use Symlex VPN, download the application for your desired device.
- Log in with your account credentials (ID, Password) if already subscribed.
- If you don’t have a subscription, choose one of the affordable packages.
- After logging in, choose the server of your choice and tap to connect.
- Go to Steam preload/download the game and start playing.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Unlock Steam Games Early?
You need a good paid VPN to unlock Steam games early. Here are some reasons why:
Geo-restrictions: Steam may impose geo-restrictions on certain games, meaning they are only available in certain regions. By using a VPN, you can connect to a server in a region where the game is available and bypass these restrictions.
Time zones: Games are often released at midnight in the region where the game development company is located. By using a VPN to connect to a server in that region, you can access the game as soon as it becomes available.
Cheap price: Games are cheap in some specific region, you can connect to that country’s VPN server to get the advantage. However, there are some things you need to consider.
What to Consider When Changing Steam Store Countries?
You can easily change your Steam store region with Symlex VPN. However, you should be careful about some things.
- Steam only allows you to change your region once every three months. The purpose of this is to prevent cheating, and Steam will ban your account if it detects any discrepancy.
- Always update your billing address and other information to match it with the new country. If you don’t have an address you can use a hotel’s address.
- Avoid connecting to the Russian region if you don’t have a valid Russian credit card. Although games are comparatively cheap in Russia, Steam can ban your account if it detects that you’re misusing it.
Choosing a VPN for Steam: What to Look For?
Not all the VPNs are compatible and recommended for gaming. Let’s find out what to look for in a VPN for an uninterrupted and seamless steam gaming experience.
- High-speed servers: You should choose a VPN that comes with dedicated gaming servers for the ultimate gaming experience. Gaming servers usually have more speed, less ping/jitter, and geo-unblocking capabilities.
- Server availability: Make sure the VPN you choose has a wide range of servers available so that you can connect to the one you need.
- Security & Encryption: VPNs have to have strong encryption to bypass geo-blocking and strict firewalls. Free VPNs are not capable of doing that. So make sure you use a VPN that provides AES-256 military-grade encryption.
Other features to look for in a VPN,
- User-friendly application: The VPN you’re using should be easy to use and support all major platforms like Windows, MacOS, and Android.
- Good customer support: Ensure that the VPN offers 24/7 customer support so that you can get your issues resolved as quickly as possible.
Upcoming Steam Game Release: September 2023
Below is the list of upcoming games in September. Take a look at the below table.
|Release Date||Game Name||Game Description|
|September 5||Chants of Sennaar||Linguistic puzzle adventure|
|September 5||Rune Factory 3 Special||Fantasy Harvest Moon port|
|September 6||Starfield||Bethesda’s new original space RPG|
|September 8||Fae Farm||Farm sim with extra fairies|
|September 19||Lies of P||Bloodborne, but you play Pinocchio|
|September 19||Mortal Kombat 1||Liu Kang’s cool new timeline|
|September 20||Men of War 2||WWII RTS with co-op|
|September 20||Party Animals||Gang Beasts as beasts|
|September 21||Eternights||Post-apoc hack-and-slash dating sim|
|September 21||Payday 3||Clown-masked crime co-op|
|September 26||Mineko’s Night Market||Cats and crafting sim|
|September 26||Paleo Pines||Dino-based farm sim|
|September 27||Fortune’s Run||Deus Ex in space|
|September 29||Cocoon||World-hopping puzzle adventure|
|September 29||Saleblazers (Early Access)||Shopkeep survival|
Frequently Asked Question
How do I bypass restricted VPN?
You can usually get around a VPN block by changing servers or trying a different VPN company. Sometimes, the group that’s stopping your access might have targeted only the well-known VPNs, so using a less known service could help you get back in.
How long do game bans last on Steam?
Unfortunately, Steam bans account permanently. If your account gets banned for any reason it would be a permanent ban. For this reason, it is recommended that you use a VPN to protect your privacy and data and to avoid any issues with your Steam account.
Can Steam detect VPN?
Yes, if you use a free VPN that lacks security and reliability. Many VPNs come with AES-256-bit encryption and obfuscation servers that mask the IP address as if it’s a normal internet connection. This type of encryption helps to bypass Steam detection.
The Bottom Line
Unlock Steam games early with a VPN to stay ahead of the game. Follow the above steps and discussions carefully to safely unlock your favourite game without getting banned or restricted. Try Symlex VPN 7 days risk-free and enjoy blazing-fast gaming, no lag gaming with unlimited bandwidth and no speed throttling.